Recipe: Berry Beautiful
With long summer days finally upon us, it’s the perfect time to treat your taste buds with Driscoll’s Victoria Sweet Blackberries, a flavour match made in heaven in this fuss-free savoury salad
BLACKBERRY RICE TURKEY SALAD
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
• 80ml olive oil
• 1 tsp coarse Dijon mustard
• 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
• ½ tsp salt
• ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE SALAD
• 200g Driscoll’s Victoria Sweet Blackberries
• 300g cooked whole grain brown and wild rice
• 200g cooked turkey,
cut into chunks
• 2 stalks celery, trimmed and thinly sliced
• 100g radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
• 50g walnut pieces, coarsely chopped
1. First make the vinaigrette. Whisk the oil, mustard, lemon juice, thyme leaves and seasoning together in a bowl or jug until blended. Chill until ready to serve.
2. For the salad, carefully mix together the blackberries, rice, turkey, celery, radishes and walnuts in medium bowl. Stir in just enough vinaigrette to moisten and then serve heaped into bowls, or refrigerate until needed.
In contrast to the usual tart flavour of hedge grown blackberries, Driscoll’s Victoria Sweet Blackberries are prized for their wonderfully natural, sweet and earthy wine-like taste. Grown throughout the UK by select growers, each fruit is handpicked at peak ripeness to ensure the best flavour is captured in every single berry. Available from now until October, find them in the premium ranges of all major supermarkets, as well as specialist health stores.