There's So Much To Experience At St Edmund's, Canterbury
One of Canterbury’s leading independent schools, St Edmund’s offers an excellent all-round education from Nursery through to Sixth Form all from the same beautiful site overlooking the historic city.
It’s a school where every pupil is connected by a love of learning, the pursuit of possibility and the challenge of being the very best they can be.
The Head, Edward O’Connor, told us: “Creativity flourishes here. Our Drama, Music and Art departments are well known for their outstanding achievements. But creativity is celebrated across the whole curriculum as innovative teaching and small classes encourage pupils to think independently and express their ideas with confidence and originality.”
There’s no better opportunity for parents and potential pupils to come along to St Edmund’s and see school life at first-hand:
• Wednesday 8th May
Whether parents are planning for the future or still considering the options for their son or daughter in September, St Edmund’s invites families to visit on a normal working day when they will meet the Heads, staff and pupils in the Pre-Prep, Junior and Senior Schools on a guided tour.
• To book a place click here
• Thursday 2nd May & Thursday 13th June
Fun play sessions in our Nursery class for pre-school children. All welcome. Booking advised. Time: 10am–11am
Venue: St Edmund’s Pre-Prep Hall (Giles Lane entrance)
• For more information, click here
Beyond the classroom
An important aspect of a St Edmund’s education is its co-curricular life. A vast range of exciting, adventurous and inspiring options is on offer to all pupils, adding a wealth of life’s rich experiences to everyday life; such as the adventurous training trip to Snowdonia during the Easter holidays when pupils and staff took on extreme challenges in the mountains (see photo above) and sea and enjoyed a wonderful week in Wales.
And this summer sees the third St Edmund’s Festival (sponsored by Paul Roberts Associates):
Wednesday 26th June - Tuesday 2nd July
A week-long celebration of the arts with concerts, drama productions and workshops featuring many sensational acts and artists. Full event listings and how to book can be found at www.stedmundsfestival.org.uk but just a few of the highlights include:
- American legendary musician, Curtis Stigers, will open the Festival on 26th June bringing his show of old-school pop with swinging jazz to Canterbury (sponsored by Burgess Hodgson)
- A Soulful Celebration (Friday 28th June) with the Derek Nash Funk Experience
- Delights for a younger audience with all the fun and games of the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party (Saturday 29th June)
- Harry the Piano (Sunday 30th June) An afternoon with one of the most gifted improvising pianists in the world.
- Open Water in concert (Saturday 29th June) British Folk tradition with influences of Celtic and American Bluegrass music.
To find out more about this inspiring school with high academic standards, excellent sport provision and an outstanding reputation in the performing and visual arts, visit www.stedmunds.org.uk